- “Meet the Author: Suzanne Ondrus, Death of an Unvirtuous Woman,” Kelli Comer, Mimi Magazine, June 2022.
- 2022 Ohio Writing Contest, Runner Up for Prose, Gordon Square Literary Review:
Darning the Space of Our Memory: From Burkina to America to Benin.
- Death of An Unvirtuous Woman: A Night of Poetry and German-Ohio History.
June 28 at 7:15 pm EST via Zoom, organized by Fulbrighter.
- Suzanne Ondrus: Poetic Travel to a Sensational and Scandalous 1881 Incident in Ohio.
June 22, 2022 from 7-8pm
Geauga County Public Library, Geauga West Branch
- “Chagrin Falls Poet Releases Historic Collection Chronicling Abuse,” Anastasia Nicholas, Chagrin Valley Times, June 2, 2022. PDF
- 2022 Geauga Park District’s Nature Writing Contest, First Place for Adult Prose,
The Mentor of Memories.
- A new collection of poems, Death of an Unvirtuous Woman is forthcoming from Finishing Line Press, September 2022.
Available for presale May 16, 2022.
- Fulbright Enrichment Seminar: Preparing for and Mitigating the Effects of Climate Change
May 11-14, 2022
Cleveland Council on World Affairs, Cleveland, Ohio
- “Flirting By or On Moto” Evening Street Review. Forthcoming-Dec. 2022.
- Ouaga Mamas was published in Wanderlust, January 2022.
- “Motorcycle Riding in Ouaga in the Harmattan” New Square, Spring 2021.
- “My African Trousseau” Visitant, Spring 2019.
- “The Power of the Pen”, “Wood County News, 1882”, and “Tarred & Feathered by the Wood
County News” S/tick, July 2019.
- Fulbright US Scholar Appointment 2018-2020
Suzanne was named a Fulbright US Scholar at the Department of Anglophone Studies, University of Ouagadougou (Université Ouaga), Burkina Faso, West Africa.
- Suzanne discussed Passion Seeds in a televised interview on Kolomatin/ RTG in Guinea, West Africa, July 2017.
- National Poetry Month 2016
The Cuyahoga County Public Library honors National Poetry Month by featuring thirty poets and poems for thirty days in April: April 17, 2016 features the poem FruitLove by Suzanne Ondrus. If you would like to receive a daily email with a link to each day’s poet, poem, you can sign up here.
- Poetry Reading
Thursday, February 11, 2016, at 7:00 p.m.
Loganberry Books 13015 Larchmere Blvd. Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120
Suzanne will read from her new manuscript tentatively titled “Death’s Air,” as well as from her book “Passion Seeds.” The reading is free and open to the public. You are welcome to bring a bottle of wine; Loganberry charges a minimal uncorking fee. Copies of Suzanne’s book are available at Loganberry. Reading followed by open mic.
- Passion Seeds featured in African Literature Association Newsletter
New Series: Volume 1, Issue 2, December 2014/January 2015
- Passion Seeds reviewed by George Elliott Clarke, Poet Laureate of Toronto
Clarke, George Elliott, “Word on the Street: Fall Reading Guide,” The Chronicle Herald, September 19, 2014.
- Author Day Expo at the Willoughby Hills Community Center
Saturday, September 13, 2014 from 11:00 am – 3:00 p.m.
Willoughby Hills Community Center 35400 Chardon Rd, Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
Come chat with Suzanne! Books will be available for purchase.
- Poetry Reading & Book Signing
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 ,at 7:00 p.m.
Lakeland Community College Library, C Building
Free and open to public, Ms. Ondrus will read selections from her new book “Passion Seeds” that won the Vernice Quebodeaux Prize, followed by an open-mic and refreshments. Her book will be for sale.
- Passion Seeds Reading and Book Launch
Saturday, March 29, 2014 at 3 p.m
West Geauga Library; reception to follow